Wednesday Mar 21, 2018
A second chance for disqualified drivers
Do you work with people who have lost their driver licence? Losing a driver licence can have a big impact on individuals and families, particularly those who live in regional and rural areas.
Did you know that some drivers can now apply to have their driver disqualification periods removed?
In this podcast we discuss:
- new laws that offer a second chance for disqualified drivers
- who can apply under this new scheme, and
- the things you can do to help your clients get back on the road.
Referrals and more information
You can find more information about the new laws and how to apply to get your licence back:
- in the Legal Aid NSW brochure called Are you disqualified from driving?
- on the Legal Aid NSW website
- in the Representing Yourself section of the LawAccess NSW website.
Legal Aid NSW can help you work out how to deal with fines. You may be able to get a Work and Development Order which allows you to clear fines through unpaid work, courses, counselling or treatment. For more information or to find a WDO service in your area call 02 9219 5000 or visit our website.