Friday Dec 06, 2019
Robodebt - the full story
Tell us what you really think of our podcasts - help us keep this resource going!
Legal Aid NSW civil lawyer, Nicola Cannon gives you a quick overview of the recent ‘robo-debt’ test case and what it may mean for your clients?
Find out about:
- The recent robo-debt test case run by our colleagues at Victoria Legal Aid
- What this means for your clients who may have a robo-debt or have already paid off a robo-debt
- When clients should contact Legal Aid NSW about their robo-debt
- And where can people go for help for other Centrelink debt help
- Centrelink — How to deal with debt information
- Centrelink compliance division — call: 1800 086 400 Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
- Centrelink repayments division — call: 1800 076 072 Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
- Gordon Legal — Register your interest
- Visit the Legal Aid NSW website to find a local civil law advice service.
- Legal Aid NSW social security service
- Welfare Rights Centre
- Call LawAccess NSW 1300 888 529
- Centrelink debt review
- Explainer-Deanna Amato’s case, from Victoria Legal Aid
- Gordon Legal — Class action info
- ‘The Guardian’ article — Robodebt: the federal court ruling and what it means for targeted welfare recipients