Tuesday May 26, 2020
STOP public threats
This is important information for people who are likely to be the victim of a public threat or witness a public threat. Listen and find out more about what we can all do to stop public threats.
In this episode we find out about the Stop Public Threats campaign launch by the NSW Attorney General on 25 May 2020. The campaign will educate the community about Section 93Z of the Crimes Act. This section makes it an offence to threaten or incite violence against another person or a group of persons because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or HIV/AIDS status.
Referrals and more information
Report an incident:
- When it is happening: Call Triple Zero 000
- At other times: Call the Police Assistance Line 131 444
- Visit the website: stoppublicthreats.legalaid.nsw.gov.au
- Request a workshop on the topic
- LawAccess website
- LawAccess legal information line: 1300 88 529